The TV Drama Agreement is a set of guidlines that apply to TV dramas from independant UK productins to big budget productions. It covers productions working under the following 3 budget bands:
- Budget Band 1: up to £850,000
- Budget band 2: £850,001 – £3,000,000
- Budget Band 3: above £3,000,000
The agreement was negotiated by officials from Bectu and PACT as well as your collegues from the Hair, Make-up & Prosthetics branch and representatives from the other branches within Bectu and PACT. It was voted on by Bectu memebers in December 2017. It is a working agreement that will be reviewed regularly, so imporvements can be made in the future.
This is an extensive document so please take some time to read and understand it. Please find below some important main points to help. You can find the full document here.
Each of the following schedules will be paid at 10 hours:
– SWD: 10 shooting hours with one hour unpaid meal break, for example 8am-7pm.
– CWD: 9 shooting hours without a formal break, for example 8am-5pm.
Each of the following schedules will be paid at 11 hours:
– SWD: 11 shooting hours with one hour unpaid meal break, for example 8am-8pm.
– CWD: 10 shooting hours without a formal break, for example 8am-6pm.
A deal memo will be sent to all crew before their start date. This wll include information on the number of hours agreed to work and the pay received for each hours worked. It will also make clear the number of shooting hours and number of prep and wrap hours included in the agreed daily rate.
This is when the call time is before 6am. Any time worked abefore 6 am will be charged at 1.5T.
This will be paid at 1.5T or at a minimum of £35.00 per hour. It will be paid at 30 minutes increments for the 1st hour then at 1 hour increments.
Broken Turnover: This will be paid at the overtime rate of 1.5T or at a minimum of £35.00 per hour.
There is a limit on grace periods. There is to be no more than 2 grace periods a week.
- There is a restriction of clawbacks
- There is a cap on 11 day fortnights
- Thre is a disputes and resolution procedure included in the document
If you would like to know more about the agreement please watch the below video:
The full agreement can be viewed by clicking the link below. Please read and familiarise yourself with this document. It is downloadable and printable.